Friday, January 25, 2013

Spiritual Reflection: Mistaken Self-Love

CHRIST:

My Child, here is the secret of all perfection---forget self-interest and follow My will in all things. You want what you consider good for you, but you are often wrong in your calculations. I want what you consider good for you, but you are often wrong in your calculations. I want what is really best for you, and I am never mistaken. If you want to be the kind of person I want you to be, learn My truth and do My will. Then leave the rest to Me.

2. Every human fault arises from a mistaken self-love. Men overcome their faults only as far as they really abandon their selfishness and follow Me. Some make a half-halfhearted effort,and some make a ninety percent effort, but only a few make a full effort with no reservations.

3. If you gave all you goods to the poor, without giving your heart to Me, you have done nothing as far as eternal life is concerned. Even great penance means nothing unless you are determined to fight against your faults. There is no substitute for true virtue. The basis for true virtue lies in this---that you accept and prefer My Will in all things.

4. You are not so wise as you think. You do not always know what is best for you. No man is richer, no man is happier than he who loves My Will in all things. Empty your heart of every other desire, and place you daily life in My hands. Work, and pray, and do all that is right and good for you. When things do not go as you desire, do what you can to remedy them. After you have done all that common sense demands, accept the results as My Will.

THINK
Here is the key to God's peace and yet I hesitate to use it. Can God be mistaken? Can He be wrong? Why do I not find His peace within me? It is simply because I have not yet succeeded in placing my life in His hands. I am not quite sure that He will do what I would like. Yet I know that He loves me more than I love myself. He wants what is surely good for me, not merely some deceptive good thing. Do I want to look our for myself, even if it means committing a sin here and there? Sin hurts me far more than I realize.

PRAY
My Jesus, show me at last a life of obedience and loyalty to your Will. Let me forget self and become more unselfish with those around me. Wherever I can, I hope to do things for others. Sin must be hated for what it is...self-deception and stupidity. How can I ever do anything wrong, knowing that it hurts me and offends You? I will try with Your help, to live mm daily life as a true and loyal follower of Yours. What You forbid is forbidden because it is bad for me. How can I ever insist on sinning again? You have proven your love for me in a thousand ways. I hope to prove my love for You by trying to act as You want me to act in my daily life.

Source: My Daily Bread, CONFRATERNITY OF THE PRECIOUS BLOOD 

How can we spread this message?

2 comments:

Charlie Courtois said...



I think that by becoming better examples it would spread.

Jerry Schmitt said...

For this Third week in Ordinary time, the prayer over the offering is very inspiring, and prompts meditation. " Accept our offerings, O Lord, we pray, and in Sanctifying them ( Making them Holy ), grant we pray that they may PROFIT us for salvation. Through Christ our Lord." I got to meditating on ,"how does profit come to us?".

It went something like this: " Its by our sincerity in offering these willingly and in faith, and then doing His will,"Love', and abiding in Him ,in His Word, and in His spirit. Profit is in the willingness to love, being faithful to Love.

We could refer to Obedience as well, but this word seems to refer to a need for a law, whereas we are under Grace and, Abiding, so as to become the law of love within. 'You are to be Holy as I am Holy." This way we will surely not loose our reward. We are Ambassadors of LOVE.

"And the Word that they heard did not PROFIT them, because they had no Faith in what they heard." Heb 4:2

Let us consciously walk in intentional Faith in His Word. Let us persistently eat our Daily Bread,"

His Word",opening our ears wide to hear in Faith,His Will for us daily. Isaiah 50:5"

Morning by morning He opens my ears that I may hear, I have not rebelled, I have not turned back." This message was for Jesus 750 years before he came. Yet we too read it 2750+ years and it still has as great meaning , especially in relation to the Lord's Prayer "give us this day our Daily Bread", and most especially our Daily Mass offerings .

In sanctifying these offerings , O Lord, You Sanctify us and make us Holy." I Sanctify Myself that they also may be sanctified in truth".. "Thy Word is Truth." John 17:7 Its in His Word that we find the wisdom to stand." And the greatest of these is Love." And I point out to you a yet more excellent way.' Love never Fails 1 Cor. 13:1-13 Practiced Virtues overcomes Sin- satin and all His works. As we reflect on the many Virtues, meditate and know too all Virtues relate to Love Perfected. Perfect LOVE and your will find all Virtues included. Prayerfully, Jerry